Vietnam-to-Laos travel tips
Transportation from Vietnam to Laos: There are only 2 ways to go from Vietnam to Laos: either by flight or bus. Go by plane: You can choose Vietnam airline or Lao Airline, the price is roughly $350 for a return trip. The flight takes you about 1-2 hour. Go by bus: Buy the ticket at Nuoc Ngam Bus Station. It costs about 20$ for a return ticket ( for the route Hanoi – Vientiane and vice versa) Advice to Westerners: Only choose bus if you can’t afford flight cos it will be your nightmare. Why?
- Bus driver cannot speak English, so he absolutely cannot care about you.
- Food stop: Once or twice during the whole time.
- Toilet stop: Once or twice during the whole time.
- You can buy tickets at 3A Nguyen Gia Thieu, Hai Ba Trung district. You’re highly recommended to buy 3-4 weeks earlier for the comfortable bed so you can get beautiful scenery within the way.
- Besides, you can also buy at the Nuoc Ngam Bus Station (Bến xe Nước Ngầm) in Giai Phong street, Hoang Mai district. Remember to ask the company to include the number of your sit on the receipt.
- Note: Don’t buy return tickets because people often travel to Laos and go back from Luang Prabang, not Vientiane.
- Pay a visit to the COPE Center
- Wake up early
- Wear helmet when on motorbike
- Book hotel in advances